Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Busy, Busy

Yeah, as the title suggests I sort of fell off soon after that first attempt at a post. There's a reason for that, a really mundane one, but it's a reason. Simply put life got the best of me, I'm really not sure I believe in some of the things I made "entries" on.

Initially I intended on being a bit of an archivist, a librarian, and a killer of free time with this, and who knows? Maybe I will be in the future, I doubt this was being read anyways if I'm being completely honest.


The entry on Zero seems rather moot now, apparently he's still kicking. Somehow, whatever small waves I may have kicked up here are rather fruitless, hm? Shame, shame, but honestly not surprising.

I suppose I'll give an update, I'm fine. No one goes for a nobody who stumbled upon a long dead battlefield years too late, it seems. One that may not have even existed in the first place. Still, what can I say? It's an interesting thing to explore, and I may as well contribute. I get an odd sense of feeling reading some of this over, many would tell me it's ridiculous to say the least. However I find a weird sort of thrill from it. Sheesh, I'm not great at putting my thoughts and feelings into words sometimes.

I guess the best I can compare it to is walking into an old, run-down bar in a town you've never been to. Everyone seems to know each other, most people are passed out drunk, and the few awake don't really care much to look at you, but you can just feel the memories coming off the place. Honestly I think this whole thing is strangely beautiful. Everyone's stories coming to a head together, seeing this interconnected web of people posting and commenting to each other. Maybe my interests are just morbid, who knows?


I'll try and keep this up to date, out of my own interest in this blog, or lack thereof in other projects, I have a lot of time on my hands nowadays. Maybe I'll even make another entry, or attempt to make contact with someone who's still alive and running around, who knows? Morningstar seems interesting, and Zero might come back to life at any moment.

So until then, I'll be around.

Gold.

1 comment:

  1. I think your description of this little piece of the internet (Fiction, or not) lacks a bit of... ambiguity.

    I think a far more better description would be that of exploring an abandoned building. You know for a fact, that someone at some point, lived in this building before, if you're lucky, you can sometimes even find remnants of their past residence in the forms of old photographs sprawled out on the floor, or any type of belonging that they may have left behind after their disappearance.

    Questions fill your mind: Who lived here? Why did they leave? Were they forced out?

    And as you ask these questions within your mind, while exploring the building, you can't help but feel as if you're not alone.

    See? Far more poetic and relatable, and yet, oh so ambiguous.

    Welcome Gold, it's been a while since we had another Archivist crawling around these blogs, enjoy your stay, make sure it don't backfire on you.

    ReplyDelete